SOUTH AFRICA: 4 Day Wilderness Walking Trails
This is one for the adventurers and nature lovers who are looking for a walking safari experience like no other. Wilderness Trails is designed to offer 3 nights camping in a Greater Kruger Game Reserve, each night in a different location. Each day is spent walking through the 8000 hectare reserve in the Greater Kruger Park, and each night is spent at a new, fully set up mobile campsite in a scenic location in the wilderness. A maximum of 8 guests (sleeping in 4 tents) are taken on the Kruger walking adventure of a lifetime. A professional trained guide and tracker team will lead an informative, thrilling, and unforgettable walk in the wild. While guests are out exploring the Kruger on foot, a ground team will be taking down the first camp and setting up the next one in a new location. A packed brunch will be enjoyed in the bush, while snacks and refreshments will be on offer upon arrival at camp. Evening game drives complete the experience, before campfire dinners and bed in a canvas dome tent.
AT A GLANCE
• Exclusive mobile safari in a Greater Kruger Game Reserve
• 3 Nights camping in different locations, each day walking new ground
• 8000 Hectares of free-roaming Kruger traverse from mountainous terrain to the Olifants River
• Canvas dome tents (each sleeping 2 people), individial bucket showers and chemical toilets
• Morning and afternoon walking trails, with brunch and siesta in the bush
• Evening game drives with sundowners
• New campsite in a new location, set up prior to arrival, every afternoon
• Professional Trails Guide and Tracker conduct two walking trails per day
• Morning walk 3-4 hours, afternoon walk 2-3 hours, arrive at camp +-15h00
• Environmentally friendly, pack up and go safari camping experience
**Trails start weekly on Mondays or Thursdays only**
Review by Jeanne Joubert, group of six, May 2018
Rating - 5-star, excellent
Description - wonderful
Pros - Enjoyable, Great accommodation, Great experience, Well organized
Best uses - Relaxation, Educational
The hike of ± 37 km in the Greater Kruger Park was really well organized. Camping in three different beautiful locations along the route; encountering different animals like elephants, white rhino and many other types; learning about tracks, birds made it all worthwhile. The food was excellent and the company supplied everything from drinks, snacks. We really only had to carry a day pack for camera and binoculars. Can recommend this “luxury” hike.
Facilities and Itinerary
1 April 2020 to 30 November 2022
R10, 890.00 per person for the 3-night Trail
Conservation fees: R450pp/night and R100pp bed levy will be included in your invoice
**Trails start weekly on Mondays or Thursdays only
**Please note that the Trail is closed annually between 1 December and 31 March each year
Children aged 12 and over pay the full adult rate. Children under age 12 are not accepted.
All meals, bottled water, bush walks & game drives, teas &
All soft & alcoholic drinks. The Maseke Conservation levy of R450
per person per night & The Maseke Bed Levy of R100 per person
per stay (added to your invoice
No single supplement applies.
Children from age 12 years and over are accepted. Children under age 12 are not accepted.
• Rates are quoted in South African Rands.
• Rates are quoted per person sharing.
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Rates include government taxes where applicable.
If taxes increase, we reserve the right to increase the rate accordingly.
BEGIN AND END POINTS
Maseke-Balule gate at the Grietjie Game Reserve entrance between Hoedspruit and Phalaborwa
Guests should aim to arrive at 12h30 to the gate.