Birding & Photography - 15 Day ECUADOR including 5 Days AMAZON RAIN FOREST
With an impressive 1600+ bird species Ecuador is internationally known as one of the ultimate birding destinations. The country straddles the equator on South America’s west coast. Its diverse landscape encompasses Amazon jungle, Andean highlands and the wildlife-rich Galápagos Islands. In the Andean foothills at an elevation of 2,850m lies Quito, the capital, from where our trip will both commence and end.
Our Specialist Birding Photography focused trip in Ecuador includes:
- a highly recommended, experienced and knowledgeable local
photographer and bird guide to guide you through photography
challenges like backlit forest canopies and the low light forest floor
- four unique photographic insect & fruit photography hides/blinds
- hummingbird remote flash photography training
- macro photography training
- close-up photographic encounters
- incredible landscape photographic opportunities
Multiple visits to Ecuador is needed to explore all of it's diverse habitats. On this trip we will focus on Central Ecuador Cloud Forests, the Andes and the Amazon Rain Forest where you will be introduced to some of the enigmatic and well sought-after species at close quarters.
Itinerary tab directly below, next to the gallery tab
Click on days to expand text
Camera gear recommended for this tour:
* Telephoto lens 400 to 600mm
* Landscape lens
* 2 cameras (if possible)
* 1 or 2 flashes
* Flash light
For macro photography
* 2 small flashlights
* 1 flash
* 100mm macro lens
* 15mm Sigma macro lens or similar. This is optional, but these lenses are very good at including the environment.
For multi-flash photography
* 1 person per time.
* 1 or 2 flashes
* Zoom lens preferably but a prime lenses will work.
* Your guide has backgrounds, more flashes and accessories.